All Hanover High School staff should be familiar with the policies, expectations, and responsibilities outlined in the staff handbook.
The language of the linked SAU 70 Board Policies are current as of August 2018. Policies are updated throughout the year. For current Board Policy Language visit the SAU 70 Board Docs under SAU 70 and Dresden School Board Policies.
Hanover High School Mission Statement
HHS Mission Statement committee, 12/3/01
HHS Staff, 12/13/01
HHS Council, 12/14/01
Dresden School Board, 12/18/01
Hanover High School is an active learning community that provides broad academic and co-curricular programs. We engage students’ minds, hearts and voices so that they become educated, caring and responsible adults. All students are given the opportunity and encouragement to use their
- Minds to pursue excellence, academic challenge, and personal success.
- Hearts to respect and care for the emotional and physical well being of themselves and others, and for the environment.
- Voices to contribute to the democratic process and the common good.
Hanover High School Core Competencies
- Reads actively and critically.
- Writes/creates effectively.
- Speaks/ presents effectively.
- Listens attentively and critically.
- Identifies and utilizes a variety of resources for obtaining information.
- Employs multiple strategies in critical thinking, problem-solving, and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in a variety of forms in different disciplines.
SOCIAL & CIVIC SKILLS
- Works effectively and responsibly as an individual and in groups.
- Acts as a responsible citizen using the democratic process to address concerns and effect change in the community, state, nation, and world.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the necessary balance between the resource needs of human beings and the finite nature of the environment.