Hanover High School is an active learning community that provides broad academic and co-curricular programs. We engage students’ minds, hearts and voices so that they become educated, caring and responsible adults. All students are given the opportunity and encouragement to use their
Minds to pursue excellence, academic challenge, and personal success.
Hearts to respect and care for the emotional and physical well being of themselves and others, and for the environment.
Voices to contribute to the academic process and the common good.
Social and Civil Skills
- Works effectively and responsibly as an individual and in groups.
- Acts as a responsible citizen using the democratic process to address concerns and effect change in the community, state, nation and world.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the necessary balance between the resource needs of human beings and the finite nature of the environment.
- Reads actively and critically.
- Writes/creates effectively.
- Speaks/presents effectively.
- Listens attentively and critically.
- Identifies and utilizes a variety of resources for obtaining information.
- Employs multiple strategies in critical thinking, problem-solving, and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in a variety of forms in different disciplines.