CLASS COMMITTEES (Article VIII of the Council Bylaws, March 2013)
Class functions are organized by Class Committees. Class Committees are formed and governed under Article VIII of the Council Bylaws.
Sign-ups for Class Committee will be held the same week as Council Elections. Any student can sign-up, but they must maintain steady involvement in meetings and fundraisers in order to be considered a member.
B. Purpose1. To raise funds for activities it deems appropriate. Possible activities include:
- Senior Prom
- A gift that is donated to the school
- Class trips and activities
2. Communication with the class.
The Class Committee has the ability to call a class meeting, with reasonable notice.
1. There is no formal structure that is required within the Class Committee (i.e. chairperson, secretary, treasurer, etc.) as long as the Committee is functional.
2. One person must be in contact with a Council member.
D. Class Advisor
To work closely with the Class Committee to set up yearly class activities and fundraisers.
1. Class Committee members need to actively participate in order to achieve class goals. Failure to participate and/or attend meetings diminish this.
2. Advisors should review transcripts of activities to verify active participation in Class Committee meetings and activities. At the end of the year, the advisor will send a list of active members to Guidance.