When it becomes necessary to evacuate the school building the following expectations are in effect:
- No Elevator use when fire alarm sounds
- ALL STAFF MEMBERS are to participate in fire drills.
- Never ignore alarms
- Evacuation areas are:
-Football Field area
-East on Lebanon Street (school side)
- Please stay out of driveways and away from the building to avoid impeding fire fighting operations and the risk of serious injury.
General Staff Responsibilities In Case of Emergency
- Close all windows and doors (if it will not cause unnecessary delay).
- Exit the classroom last.
- Exit the hallways last, checking bathrooms and offices on the way out. Exit in the direction marked by the arrows in the classrooms in the classroom toward the nearest stair/exit.
- Assist handicapped individuals. Handicapped individuals will exit last. Stairwells are one-hour fire safe zones. Staff members with two-way radios will be stationed at the exit doors.
- Supervise students while exiting from the building, while in evacuation areas, and during return to building.
- Move students away from driveways, parking lots and the flagpole area.
- If a decision is made to evacuate the school site: accompany students to the Thompson Arena where students will meet with their Common Ground Group. Staff members are responsible for their Common Ground Groups and must take attendance. Thompson is a safe zone, and there will be emergency services available.
Students are expected to do the following:
- Follow instructions quickly promptly.
- Exit in the direction marked by arrows in the classroom for the nearest stairs/exit. Students not in a classroom should go to the nearest stair/exit.